“BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEURSHIP MINDSET.
Sessions moderated by Phelitz Event Management (Master of Ceremony).
CHISOM SAM ORJI (PARTNER, HABOUR ROAD CONSULTING LTD)
KEY SUCCESS TIPS:
- DILIGENCE: is a virtue for greatness. In everything you do, you must be diligent, if you want to become successful.
- PERSEVERANCE: People who give up, never rise. Through perseverance, you will achieve results.
- CONSISTENCY: Success is in the little things we do. Businesses where not designed to succeed, but to grow and the success in any business, is in the growth of that business.
- TIME: Everything that is valuable requires time to build and grow. If you must have business success, time is required. As an Entrepreneur, you must understand there are two times in business; a) Preparation time and b) Performance time.
- PATIENCE: You must be patient with the process, while you remain patient, you must keep working.
- FOCUS: Focus is necessary for success. Focus creates blindness, deafness and dumbness from distraction. Focus your time, energy on your goals. THE ESSENCE OF KNOWLEDGE IS APPLICATION”. An Entrepreneur is someone who sees opportunities and possibilities and then take the initiative to proffer solutions. VISION is key, you must be able to see what others can’t see. Amid chaos, you see possibilities and opportunities. As an Entrepreneur, all things are possible.
- As an Entrepreneur, you must invest in yourself; invest in trainings, because your business will resemble you. Every business needs viable host. You must careful/critical about your environment. “ANYBODY WHO WILL NOT HELP YOU FLY; WILL MAKE YOU CRAWL”. “DO NOT COMPLAIN, LET OTHER PEOPLE COMPLAIN” …Alibaba.com. “Use your instinct, as an Entrepreneur, do things first, before others do it”.. Alilabab.com. “DON’T WORRY ABOUT MONEY, MONEY FOLLOWS PEOPLE AND PEOPLE FOLLOW THE DREAMS”.. Alibaba.com
FIVE (5) THINGS ABOUT RAT.
- Rats know how to procreates/proliferates.
- Rats know how to announce their presence.
- Rats makes impact in any environment.
- Rats are persistence.
- Rats understand speed.
MR. KENNETH OKONKWO (SNR. ASSOCIATE, HABOUR ROAD CONSULTING LTD).
THE FUTURE OF SALES
Today, we are currently in 2019, the way we do business in 2009 is not the same today. “The future is now”. Sales is an ART; Art in terms of relationship in your business (Know your customer-KYC-). What about the SCIENCE part of Sales? Just like data or technology. How are we going to bring technology to enhance sales? TECHNOLOGY is the future of SALES. ……Science of Sales, therefore, is the future of SALES.
FUTURE OF SALES’ ATTRIBUTES:
DATA ANALYTICS for customer expectations, propensity to buy and satisfaction levels, the customer journey.
COMBINED ROLES; Sales Rep will become the new customers services personnel.
MORE VIRTUAL selling channels as opposed to face-to-face.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE enabled sales for customers.
NETWORKING AND COLLABORATION; Using eco-system for business exploitation, forming of business partnership.
PAUL FOH (KATALYST CONSULTING)
TOPIC: SELL ANYTHING TO ANYONE.
Testimonials are key for businesses. The world is changing and is changing very fast. There are some jobs that will disappear in the future. “IT IS NOT THE STRONGEST SPECIES THAT SURVIVES, BUT THE MOST ADAPTABLE”. According to Philip Kotler “The Sales Department isn’t the whole company, but the whole company better be the Sales Department.
SALES is your ability to convince and persuade someone that your product and services has more value than the money they have in their pocket. ANYTHING THAT IS VALUABLE TO YOU IS BENEFICIAL TO YOU. Functionally, your product must be good, but you must be perceived and seen as the best.
MINDSET: The mindset is basically the way you see things. If you believe your revenue is $1million, that’s all you will see. “YOUR TRUTH IS NOT THE TRUTH”. Mindset is our deeply held belief and assumptions, we create about who we are and how the world works.
THREE (3) UNHEALTHY SELLING STYLE:
- All or nothing (Overgeneralization)
- Jumping into conclusion
“YOU’VE GOT TO RESPECT EVERY CLIENT, IF YOU MUST SELL”. “SALES IS LEARNABLE SKILL”.
SKILLS TO LEARN:
Manage people and Master Copywriting
THREE (3) REQUIREMENTS FOR LEARNING:
- TIME 2. MONEY 3. COMMITMENT
“YOU MAKE UP IN REPUTATION, WHAT YOU LACK IN SKILLS”.
“YOU MUST DO SOMETHING EVERYDAY THAT DEMANDS SALES”.
“ALWAYS “ASK”, because close mouth does not get fed”.
You must have different REVENUE MODELS for your business.
“Anytime you excuse yourself from somebody’s success, you are asking yourself not try”. IT’S NOT A MONEY PROBLEM, IT’S PEOPLE’S PROBLEM. THE MORE PEOPLE YOU KNOW, THE MORE SUCCESSFUL YOU BECOME. “EXPAND YOUR NETWORK”. “NO EXCUSES, ONLY RESULTS”. CHOOSE A MINDSET THAT SERVES YOU. Do you know? Anything you are close to, you have the tendency of not appreciating it. “IF YOU HAVE ONE CLIENT, WRITE IT DOWN, AND APPRECIATE THIS ONE CLIENT, MORE WILL COME”. BUSINESS RHYME “INSTAGRAM is your Landlord and your DATA is your Rent, Your TIMELINE is your Shop”.
The Law of large number; This Law states that, the larger the number, the easier it’s to predict the outcome. THE MORE PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS YOU ARE TALKING TO, THE MORE PEOPLE THE CONVERSATION RATE. “TALK TO PEOPLE, TALK TO MORE PEOPLE”. Write a List of 50 people, you will call about your product. Have a prospective list; like a PROSPECT ATTRACTING SOURCES (P.A.S).
Everything that someone brings or buy from you passes through a journey. The question, you need to ask, is, what is my P.A.S in my business? 80% of online business is done through video. So, do more videos online, on social media platforms as well. “DATA IS THE NEW OIL”. Put up content online. We are in the era of content marketing. Be a Brand Influencer on Social Media. You must have a content calendar. Whatever you do, there must be an educational aspect of it. “DON’T BE AFRAID OF ANY CLIENT”. “YOU HAVE DREAMS THAT ARE CALLING YOU”. “IF YOU DON’T TRY, HOW WILL YOU KNOW?”